stitch ya neck out: ..and so we reach the end

Sunday, September 11, 2005

..and so we reach the end

A picture is worth a thousand words.. so let me leave you with a few pictures.

....
Don't ask how many pins and how long it took to pin out



....
We are done!


Things that I like about this project:

1. Interesting pattern to work. The reason that I hate knitting scarves is that you just knit the same pattern over and over again. This scarf had interesting patterning so it work well.

2. Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino is one of my favourite yarns

3. You only need 2 and a half balls of the baby cashmerino to work the scarf.

Things that I didn't like:

1. Grafting the two pieces together. It's tricky and a bit fiddly because you have to graft knit side and purl side up and there were no instructions in the pattern to do it. I have done this before so it wasn't that bad, but I can imagine someoone doing this that hasn't done it before.. with 47 stitches... ouch!

2. I'm not entirely happy with the slanting of the pattern. OK, about blind man and galloping horse, but on a light colour yarn, I don't like it.

....
Close-up (and personal)


3. This yarn isn't great for this pattern. I think something drapier like linen or silk would work better. Baby casmerino is too elastic and resisted the blocking a bit. So the edges still rolled slightly even after a hard wet blocking. If I was doing this pattern again, I would almost certainly do a few rolls of garter stitches at the edges.

....
Side shot


Anyway Grumperina, it's going into the post on Monday and I do hope that you like it.

2 Comments:

At 11 September, 2005 15:23, Blogger grumperina said...

Wow, it looks fabulous, and I cannot wait to receive it! The close up has got me on pins and needles ;). And only 2.5 balls?!? Woohoo! I'm sorry the yarn didn't seem like a good substitute, but I'm sensitive to linen and silk is out of budget :). In any case, I know I will absolutely love it!

 
At 12 September, 2005 11:02, Blogger kittybaroque said...

The colour and the yarn chosen both look beautiful* I too LLLLOOOOVVVVEEEE Cashmerino*
I was SO itching to do this pattern for myself but didn't think I would have the patience and did stick to it long enough to find my first leaf growing.
Truly LUSH*
blessings
norbu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home