stitch ya neck out: Well, lookie at what I got!

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Well, lookie at what I got!

I received a package from Australia today, and inside was some Australian Cleckheaton yarn and Australian loose tea from my Australian SYNO pal, Meg! Hi, Meg!

Meg has asked me to knit Forbes Forest for her from Scarf Style, and I’m more than happy to oblige! You see, I secretly wanted to knit either Forbes Forest or Misty Garden or Midwest Moonlight… and so it happened! Thank you, Meg! This is a great pattern for me to knit because while I love the challenge of this type of cable- and bobble-intensive pattern (no serious TV-watching while knitting this!), it’s not a scarf I would wear myself. If not for this exchange, I would have never knit this!

Needless to say, I immediately cast on:


I’m just lovin’ it so far. I’m not far along, but I’m already familiar enough with the pattern to be able to anticipate the next twist and turn and cable and bobble. Of course I’m cabling without a cable needle, and I can’t imagine doing this scarf any other way, since every single right-side row has 8 cables. I decided the bobbles looked a little dull as written (and required turning of the work), so I’m using Annie Modesitt’s voluptuous and turning-less bobbles. Do you like them, Meg?

So far, so good great! The only thing is that the yarn seems to be disappearing very quickly, and I think this scarf will be over before I know it :(.

Grumperina

2 Comments:

At 09 August, 2005 22:46, Blogger Twiss And Weber said...

Good news, good bobbles, good looking scarf.

 
At 10 August, 2005 04:05, Blogger Meg said...

G'day Grumperina! The scarf is looking magical. The bobbles are brilliant, I'm glad you've innovated in their construction. I would never choose to make anything with bobbles (hence one reason for my requesting the F.F.), so it's good to know there's a voluptuous (great word) alternative method out there. Looks absolutely gorgeous...can't wait to hear more of your adventures on the twisty turny paths through the Forest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home