stitch ya neck out: Ah, home...

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Ah, home...

Hello swapsters!
My choice scarf is the heretofore unmentioned Forbes Forest. When I read that designer Kathy Zimmerman took her inspiration for the scarf from the Forbes Forest
in eastern Pennsylvania, I *had* to have it. I grew up just near the Forbes Forest and many an autumn vacation was spent there. Now I'm living half a world away in Sydney and the one thing I do tend to miss (especially at the time when seasons are changing) is a walk in the woods of home. What better reminder of home than this scarf?? What better way to acquire it than to get someone else to make it for me?

So for yarn, in order to match the nostalgic 'down home' appeal of the scarf, I chose a good old salt-of-the-earth 100% Aussie wool, Cleckheaton Country 8 ply. It's a bit less glamorous than the merino DK called for in the pattern, but just look at these sheep. Plus I thought the knitter assigned to this task might enjoy using a yarn which I don't imagine is available where ever she is?

The yarn is mustered and being mailed shortly. I hope the recipient destined to receive it has lots of fun with it! In the meantime, I can't wait to find out what I'll be knitting...

Cheers,
Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home