stitch ya neck out: Ruffles Ruffles

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Ruffles Ruffles


Dear Kristel,

I have your address. I need to carry it and your scarf around with me before I pop it in the post. For some reason this step has to be fulfilled.
The yarn was lovely to knit with and I think I'll knit a pair of socks with the skein you gave me. I am of two minds about the sock thing. I love the idea of having beautiful socks. I don't love the idea of falling in love with a new time consuming skill.

Thank you goes out to all the bloggers who knit lovely things. I am always inspired and motivated by the quality and creativity.

This was lots of fun.

Laura

A later edit:

To answer the blocking question. I laid the scarf out on my ironing board to look like a slinky, and I steamed it. It helped to true the short rows.

here is a side view:

4 Comments:

At 05 October, 2005 19:58, Blogger Kristel said...

Ooh, it looks beautiful. :) I can't wait!

 
At 06 October, 2005 05:59, Blogger Kristel said...

Ooh, that's a clever way to block it! :D I wouldn't have thought of that.

 
At 06 October, 2005 08:22, Blogger kris said...

beautiful! those blocking pics are fantastic.

 
At 06 October, 2005 17:20, Blogger Twiss And Weber said...

The scarf was looking like spinach pasta before I blocked it! Now it is romantic, feminine and ruffly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home