stitch ya neck out: Polly's package has landed!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Polly's package has landed!

I've received the scarf Polly knit for me, and I couldn't be happier!


It was almost like a pleasant surprise, since I had forgotten all the nuances of the yarn color and texture. It is simply lovely, everything about it. Polly did a marvelous job of knitting and blocking, of course – we’re talking about the woman who designed the Kiri Shawl! If there’s one knitter to be entrusted with a lacey pattern, it’s Polly. Thank you for doing a spectacular job, I’m so happy with how the scarf turned out!


I had a particular outfit in mind for this scarf – in the spring, I bought this tan blazer, which is very much out of character for me, since I consider tan dangerously close to my most-hated color, brown. I wanted a scarf to pair with this blazer – all the others match my predominantly red/black/gray wardrobe. What do you think? I think it matches pretty well :).

In her package Polly included a very witty letter (those Brits!) and some yummy chocolate/orange cookies (those Brits!). Thank you so much! She also included for me two skeins of Jaeger 4 ply Silk in a deep red (my favorite!).


Polly, thank you for this incredibly generous (and discontinued) gift – I will do my best to find something for you along the same lines :).

P.S. Also, a huge thank you to the organizers and hosts, Jacqueline and Kris - what a great idea, thank you for your time in organizing this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home