stitch ya neck out: Ruffles is here!

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Ruffles is here!

Thanks to the talented Miss Twiss, I now have a lovely Ruffles scarf. I had to wait for the package a bit longer than expected, because it was stopped in customs. I had to get the envelope to be transferred to a postal office in Helsinki (instead of the one by the Helsinki Airport which - as airports tend to be - is uncomfortably far from the city and not too easy to reach with public transportation). At the postal office the customs officer asked me to open the package to check if there were any meat products(!?) inside. Of course there wasn't, but I did receive this:



Isn't it lovely? And it arrived at a good time too, as we had our first snow even here in southern Finland this week. (Eww!)

I think what attracted the attention of the customs office was a box of green fusilli. Miss Twiss sent them along, as she thought Ruffles in the making looked exactly like those... And the colour does match quite well, don't you think?



The green theme continued on a little encouraging sign that I put on the livingroom bookshelf right away:



In addition to these goodies there was also a little toy figure: a swimming lady. My toddler was quite fascinated, but of course we only let her play with it when somebody grown-up is watching. I'm sure there'd be lots of nice tiny little parts to chew on... ;) And last, there was a lovely silver-coloured leather bracelet, made my Miss Twiss herself. I didn't think of getting a photo of it, and now the battery of the camera is quite dead, so you'll just have to take my word for it. :)

Anyway, this swap has been great fun. Thank you Miss Twiss for the lovely package, and thank you Kris and Jacqueline for organizing! We should do this again next winter. ;)

2 Comments:

At 02 November, 2005 16:42, Blogger Twiss And Weber said...

Hey right-on! I'm very sorry about the delay in customs. Didn't they shake the package? It would sound like a bunch of pasta in a box. Maybe they thought it was dried meat products. I hope it wasn't a difficulty and I'm sorry it couldn't come directly to your door.
Enjoy ruffles, it was fun-fun-fun!

 
At 03 November, 2005 20:00, Blogger Kristel said...

My theory is that they just stop random packages... Some friends nearly always have to get their packages from the customs office, whereas I have to confess I've gotten quite many expensive yarn orders right to my doorstep without paying the tax I should. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home