stitch ya neck out: Play Misty for me....

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Play Misty for me....

Woooohooooo, the yarn arrived my my knit pal Michele and I am knitting Misty Garden in the glorious Jo Sharp Mohair. I dutifully did a swatch and am considering downsizing my needle just to guarantee a long scarf but the gauge was pretty spot on (though how you can measure properly in a feather/fan stitch when it is all wavy I don't know - will upload a pic of my swatch tomorrow.
I hadn't ever done feather & fan till now so it is a joyous introduction, will start the scarf actual tomorrow, yiiipppeeee** Michele was kind enough to gift me some Opal Yarn (how DID she know I am terrified of sock knitting and could avoid up until now ;-) ), some divine stitch markers made by her sister and a beautiful self portrait card. Of course, I *DEFINITELY* don't need bribery to knit in this luscious 'me' colour but it helps .
I promise Michele I am going to do a FAB job and you will ADORE your new baby*
Am REALLY enjoying hearing about all the yarn arrivals and beginnings hear. Secret Pal, if you have received my yarn please can you let me know, I asked them to put a note in it but they might not have......
Sneak a peek at the parcel I received from Michele above.........



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home