stitch ya neck out: Houston...the Yarn Has Landed

Friday, August 19, 2005

Houston...the Yarn Has Landed


Is there really anything better than coming home from a long day of work to find a package of beautiful Rowan Kid Classic at your doorstep? I think not!

My scarf yarn came in the mail yesterday from the lovely Gabby in Carbondale, IL. For any of you who aren't too familiar with the Midwest U.S., Carbondale and St. Louis are actually pretty close to each other, so Gabby and I might win the prize for swappers who are closest to each other. Er...if there's actually a prize for that, that is.

Anyhow, I will be knitting Teva Durham's Turtleneck Shrug for Gabby. I'm totally excited about it, because it's a pattern that I've wanted to try out for myself sometime this winter. And let me tell you, she picked out the most beautiful wine color. My crappy camera and photography skills do not do this yarn justice. Gabby's such a sweetie that she also sent me some Dove chocolates. They were so delicious, in fact, that they were gone within a half hour of opening the package. Yeah, it was one of those days. Oh, and I was kind of out of it when I took this picture and I forgot to take one of the balls of Kid Classic out of the mailer. There really are four. Doh!

I'm hoping to cast on for this tomorrow. My husband and I are moving in three weeks, so I want to get a good start on this project before packing overtakes my life! God knows packing the yarn stash will be bad enough!

Happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home