stitch ya neck out: Miss Leaves is ready for her photo shoot

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Miss Leaves is ready for her photo shoot

Here are a couple of photos of Sonya's Backyard Leaves in progress. The yarn is Debbie Bliss Cashmerino - it is lovely to work with (my first time ever with a Debbie Bliss product!) and creates a springy, bouncy, leafy scarf. One of the unexpected fun things about this swap is that, in addition to using a yarn I wouldn't normally choose, I am also getting to knit with a colour that I wouldn't normally choose. Every time I take the scarf out of my knitting bag, I get a pleasant surprise - the colour is sort of a steely greeny khaki, always different to how I remember it from the last time I put it away.

I am working both halves of the scarf at the same time. This means things seem to be moving along quickly, and it also gives me the challenge of trying to remember for the second half what I did on the first half in the same row. (Don't worry Sonya, I don't usually trust my holey short term memory and always end up checking back with the pattern!) I have done 6 of the 11 repeats and still have a little more than half the yarn left over, so I might get 12 pattern repeats in there if I'm lucky!

Here, Miss B. Leaves is seen lounging poolside (I have started acclimating her for her future home in Florida):


Here, Miss B. Leaves is seen with Sydney's famous skyline in the background. Yes, the top of one of the Opera House sails IS visible in this photo, you will just have to take my word for it!

I think I will have to make a Backyard Leaves for myself once I'm finished with this one. (It's the only way I'll be able to part with it and mail it back to its rightful owner!)

Meg

3 Comments:

At 18 August, 2005 14:51, Blogger grumperina said...

Looking lovely, and you're making such speedy progress!

 
At 18 August, 2005 21:13, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Looks amazing.

 
At 19 August, 2005 19:29, Blogger Unknown said...

So pretty! I love the color she chose! I picked the same pattern and yarn, too, except in white yarn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home