stitch ya neck out: Pinku Rocks Turtle Neck Shrug for Twiss

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Pinku Rocks Turtle Neck Shrug for Twiss

It was a gloomy day but the snow was drifting down to the ground and it was the first of the season. I had the day off, working in my studio at home and I could have stayed in my pajamas all day long, but I had a parcel at the post office to pick up. I decided I would reward myself for working so hard and go out for some fresh air and see what awaited me.

It was perfect! A light box I brought back home and unpacked to reveal this:

Inside that pretty bag, hand stitched with fabric fishes dangling from a pocket contained my Turtleneck Shrug that Pinku knit. Also in the parcel are beautiful vintage Kimono fabrics. Those Japanese are lovely textile designers and I get so much pleasure looking and touching and admiring these fabrics.

Thank you Kat for knitting my shrug for me. It is the best item in my wardrobe this season! Thanks for the treats too, oh and the wee card is a nice touch.

Here is my friend Tatiana wearing the TNS. She is a gorgeous girl and a great model. She went out of her mind when she saw me in this and needed to try it on. I wear it at work often and people always ask me about it.


A great comment I've heard, "Hey Twiss, was it the tenth of a sweater you were wearing or the fire the other night that made me hot?" I really didn't know what to say, except to all you galls, "Hooray for the shrug!"

I had such a great time participating in this swap. Necking with friends all over the world was fun.

Great thanks goes out to Jacqueline, Serendipitous knitter slash Melbourne landmark informant and Kris, s t r i k k e r slash r o c k i n ' r o c k e r .

edited: Dec 1

1 Comments:

At 01 December, 2005 09:00, Blogger Kiri said...

Cute! I totally have to make one of those now... it looks really good on everybody who's gotten one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home