stitch ya neck out: Finished Turtleneck Shrug

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Finished Turtleneck Shrug


During lunch I tried to take photos of Stephanie's turtleneck shrug, but as you can see, they came out darker than I would have liked. There just isn't enough light here this time of year. Hopefully Stephanie will post some better photos when she receives the shrug.

The Turtleneck shrug is an interesting design. I have seen photos of a number of people with these, and I like the look, but I never wear turtlenecks because they seem restrictive to me. I hope Stephanie enjoys wearing it. I really enjoyed working with this yarn, it is Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed (85% wool, 10% silk, 5% cashmere). It was very soft while knitting, and felt absolutly wonderful after a bit of a bath with some gentle shampoo. I will definately plan use this yarn again.
6 skeins of yarn came out short for the shrug, I ran out with the turtleneck at 6" rather than the 8" specified in the pattern. After talking with Stehanie about it, we decided I would go ahead and send it so she could try it as is, and if it is too short she will order more yarn and add to the neck. I intended to not weave in the final end so it would be easy for her to rip out the cast off if that was what she wanted to do, but I was watching a movie, and forgot to leave it undone. Sorry Steph, I hope its not too much trouble for you.

1 Comments:

At 01 December, 2005 18:25, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yay. I'm so excited. I'm betting the 6" will be just fine so I won't have to rip out your lovely cast off! I can't wait to get it and try it on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home