stitch ya neck out: Interlocking Balloons

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Interlocking Balloons

Last week I received this fabulous yarn to knit Interlocking Balloons for one of our lovely hostesses, Kris.



Its a very soft sportweight silk and alpaca blend. I love that its from Norway, and that I've never seen it or knit with it before.. makes it seem extra special.

This past weekend, I knit away on Interlocking Balloons. The pattern starts off tricky, but is definitely memorizable. Its interesting too.. every RS row has something going on, increasing and decreasing all the time.

IBalloons_halfway.jpg

The scarf is about halfway done here. Depending on this week's free time, it just might be done really soon!

3 Comments:

At 06 September, 2005 20:15, Blogger Miss Twiss said...

Interlocking Balloons is looking so pretty. I wonder if Kris will be able to see it, being on vacation and all... I'm sure she will be pleasantly surprised when she does.

 
At 07 September, 2005 02:55, Blogger Meg said...

Your Interlocking Balloons looks so much nicer than the one pictured in the book! I love the colour Kris has chosen. Oh dear, another scarf to add to my 'to do' list...

 
At 07 September, 2005 10:39, Blogger Divinely said...

Looks SOOOO wonderful and what a fabulously lush yarn DIVINE* and MUCH better than the book made it seem.
Yaahyyy for RED!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home