stitch ya neck out: Calling all Ruffles!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Calling all Ruffles!


This is my first post since the beginning of the swap and I apologize to my SYNO pal for being such a flake! My only excuse is that we are in the process of moving back to the U.S. after having been overseas for four years. However, here is photographic proof that I am working on Norbu's Ruffles with the beautiful dusty rose Classic Elite Premiere she sent me. After three false starts with different needle sizes, I am on my way to hopefully completing it this week- I truly hope you like it Norbu! As a newbie knitter, this has been a great project for me to learn a technique I have never done before: shortrowing.

Now, I have one question for all the Ruffles knitters out there - what is the best way to "lightly block" this piece?!?!

4 Comments:

At 22 September, 2005 00:27, Blogger Nichola said...

It looks great!

 
At 22 September, 2005 07:49, Blogger jacqueline said...

personally i wouldn't block it. hmmmm - you may want to try dunking it in water but that is about it. safer just to leave it though.

 
At 22 September, 2005 12:41, Blogger Divinely said...

OMG, Leola, my new 'yarn baby-to-be' looks FABULOUS* Thank you SOOOO much for posting and saying a Hi and for the HUGE effort you have put in*, I can now stop holding my breath ;-) and feel part of the SYNO team. THANK GOODNESSS that Pink is DUSTY, I was freaking out about it's possible fuschianess :-) You know, I have a HISTORY of choosing overwhelmingly intense Pinks that do NOTHING for my complexion* Thank you SO much for posting again SYNO pal* Whoooppeee, the thought of those Pink Ruffles are making me giddy....

 
At 25 September, 2005 22:32, Blogger Cassie said...

Hmm, I wasn't planning on blocking Ruffles. Maybe a little steaming?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home