stitch ya neck out: Hi!

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Hi!

Hi. I'm Rosa and I live in Southeast Alaska. I have been a lurker among the knitting blogs for about 6 months or so, but have just recently started to participate, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I learned to knit when I was about 10, knit a few things when I was in my early 20's (that was almost 20 years ago) and didn't pick it up again until last fall. I have really been enjoying it, and have made a few things I like, and actually use. This is my first swap/knit along. I chose the midwest moonlight scarf from Scarf Style. The yarn I chose is not quite the same weight as specified, but I think it will be fine, since size is not critical in a scarf, and I love the yarn. It is a 50% silk/50% merino blend, hand dyed by Raven Frog Arts in Sitka, AK. It is very soft, and the colors are great "Southeast Colors"--greys and blues.

Anyways, enough rambling. I am looking forward to getting started on this and getting to know you all.

4 Comments:

At 23 July, 2005 15:23, Blogger Miss Twiss said...

Hi Rosa,
I'm fairly new in the blog world too.
I'm most excited to learn you're from Alaska. Alaska, Austrailia, Norway, oooh. It's a worldly Stich Ya Neck Out!
Back to your entry: With the veriageted yarn and the pattern in the scarf, the combination should turn out really pretty. It could even, maybe slightly, look entrelackie.
This is going to be fun.

 
At 23 July, 2005 19:40, Anonymous Annie said...

Hi Rosa! Great scarf choice and the yarn you choose looks gorgeous. This seems like it's going to be a really fun swap with people from all over! Too bad my locale of Missouri isn't too exotic : P!

 
At 24 July, 2005 16:50, Blogger kris said...

your yarn is absolutely gorgeous! looking forward to seeing the finished scarf!

 
At 25 July, 2005 23:08, Anonymous norbu said...

The yarn looks PERFECT as all the others have said, DIVINE* A good choice of scarf too, heck, they are ALL gorgeous* VERY hard to choose*
Look forward to sharing your journey*
Blessings
norbu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home